Days are long and years are short. It was one year ago today, April 20th, that I pushed the big red button at 4pm Eastern and rang the closing bell of the New York Stock Exchange, surrounded by my amazingly talented team at Inspire Investing and our amazingly beautiful wives. It was an experience like no other.
Not only did we ring the closing bell in front of over 100 million viewers worldwide to signal the end of the trading day, but we also rang in a new season for our growing company and the biblically responsible investing (BRI) movement around the globe.
The days have been long since the clanging of that bell sparked global interest in Inspire’s low cost, index based biblically responsible investing solutions. Our team has been fairly inundated with investor demand from both the retail markets and institutional markets from countries all across the world. We have added new talent to our phenomenal team, attracted capital to fuel our growth and made headlines in hundreds of media outlets around the globe.
But the year has also been short. So much has happened, there have been so many meaningful milestones, and yet it feels like just yesterday when we were standing on that platform above the heart of the world’s financial system, praising God for all to see. Below are just some of the miracles, big and small, that God has blessed us with since we rang the closing bell of the NYSE:
- Grown assets under management (AUM) to nearly $200 million
- “Best New ESG ETF – 2017” Award finalists
- “Best New ETF Issuer – 2017” Award finalists
- Launched new biblically responsible investing products
- Earned a place in the portfolios of multi-billion dollar asset management firms
- Hired several new members to our team of rock-stars
- Attracted private capital to accelerate growth
- Featured on FOX News, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Times, Bloomberg and other major global media
- Rang the NYSE closing bell a second time on January 30th, 2018
And even better than that is the impact that God has allowed us to create:
- Drilled a clean water well for the entire village of Birendranagar in Nepal
- Provided relief for hundreds of Syrian refugee families
- Helped mothers choose life for their unborn babies
- Gave emergency relief to Hurricane Harvey victims
- Influenced numerous large corporations to stop supporting unbiblical issues, such as abortion and LGBT activism
- Helped countless investors align their investments to support biblical values
Only The Beginning
These lists could go on to mention the dozens of encouraging emails we have received from investors all over the world, thanking us for giving them the ability to invest for God’s glory, the numerous “transformation stories” of people’s lives changed through their interaction with our company, financial advisors who have transitioned their entire practice to align with biblically responsible investing, and many more.
We could not have accomplished any of this on our own strength; God has been so gracious to us! We are so thankful for His grace and for the overwhelming support and encouragement from our raving fans around the globe who are cheering us on and inspiring transformation for God’s glory throughout the world by investing with their values.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you. We have only just begun.